Meaningful Trips Terms & Conditions
Meaningful Trips, LLC
1416 NW 46th St, Suite 105-343
Seattle, WA 98107
Registered Seller of Travel, Washington State – UBI No. 603152189
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By advancing deposit to MEANINGFUL TRIPS, the depositor therefore agrees to be bound by the below terms and conditions. All trip participants must complete a Trip Application/Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement and Health Form. Strenuous trips require a physician’s release on the health form.
- Medical considerations: If you have any medical or psychological conditions, it’s very important you let us know well before departure so that we can make extra arrangements if necessary. Trip leaders have the right to disqualify anyone at any time during the trip if they feel the trip member is mentally or physically incapable to continue and/or if a trip member’s continued participation jeopardizes the group’s or his/her own safety. Under these circumstances refunds are not given.
MEANINGFUL TRIPS is not a medical facility and therefore has no responsibility regarding medical advice, medications or inoculations that you or your doctor deem necessary for your safe participation. Hospital facilities for serious problems are often unavailable, and evacuation can be prolonged, difficult and expensive. MEANINGFUL TRIPS assumes no liability regarding provision of medical care. By signing the Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement, you agree to pay for emergency evacuation and emergency medical care. We strongly recommend the purchase of comprehensive travel insurance.
- Your obligations as a trip member. By participating in an MEANINGFUL TRIPS trip, you assume certain obligations to MEANINGFUL TRIPS and the other trip members. It is your responsibility to:
- Select a trip that is appropriate to your interests and abilities.
- Understand the conditions implied in the Activity Level rating of your trip.
- Prepare for the trip by familiarizing yourself with the trip itinerary and trip preparation materials sent by MEANINGFUL TRIPS.
- Bring appropriate gear and clothing as advised by MEANINGFUL TRIPS.
- Obtain all necessary visas
- Follow considerate standards of personal hygiene.
- Follow considerate social behavior with other trip participants.
- Act in a respectful, appropriate and courteous manner befitting the peoples and customs of countries you visit.
- Complete the trip itinerary as scheduled. (or as adjusted by trip leader).
- Respect the countries we visit by using environmentally safe products, staying on established trails and not littering.
MEANINGFUL TRIPS reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a tour participant should such person’s behavior, health or mental condition impede the operation of the trip.
OUR LEGAL LIMITATIONS — PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
MEANINGFUL TRIPS may contract with independent contractors to provide transportation, guide services and/or all other related travel services. We assume no responsibility, however caused, for injury, loss or damage to person or property in connection with any service provided by an independent contractor or resulting directly from the following: – acts of God – detention – annoyance – terrorism – thefts – pilferage – force majeure – civil disturbances – government restrictions or regulations – strikes – delays and expenses arising from quarantine – failure of any means of conveyance to arrive or depart as scheduled – discrepancies or change in transit or hotel services over which we have no control.
We reserve the right to make reasonable changes in the itinerary where deemed advisable for the comfort and well-being of trip members. By advancing deposit to MEANINGFUL TRIPS , the depositor thereby agrees to be bound by the above terms and conditions.
All tourism monies received are held in a separate bank Trust Account, ensuring that the money which you have paid is safely protected.
You may reserve a space on the tour by: website booking page, telephone, or email. A booking is not final until you receive a final confirmation from us.
Deposits and Final Payment
A deposit of $500 per person is required at the time of booking. Final Payment is due 90 days prior to departure. If your booking is made within 60 days of departure, the entire tour cost must be paid when we confirm the trip with you.
If you decide to cancel your trip, the following fees apply and are due to MEANINGFUL TRIPS at the time (prior to departure) we receive written notice of your cancellation. Some trips may have special cancellation or transfer fees; if so, they will be listed on the Itinerary Details or supporting documents.
- 91 or more days… $0
- 61 to 90 days… $500
- 31 to 60 days… 50% of Trip Cost
- 0 to 30 days… 100% of Trip Cost
If you transfer less than 90 days prior to departure, you must pay MEANINGFUL TRIPS the fees as outlined above (same as cancellation policy). To protect yourself, we recommend that you purchase trip cancellation insurance (see below).
If we cancel a trip
MEANINGFUL TRIPS reserves the right to cancel all or a portion of a trip for force majeure or any other circumstances beyond our control and, in the event of such cancellation, full or partial refunds, if any, will be at MEANINGFUL TRIPS’s sole discretion. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip if sign-up is inadequate to make the trip economically feasible for us to operate, and in this event, we give a full refund of the trip price. However, MEANINGFUL TRIPS is not responsible for additional expenses incurred by you in preparing for the trip (e.g., non-refundable air tickets, visa fees if applicable, gear or medical expenses).
Fewer than required number of participants
Each trip requires a minimum number of participants for departure. If we sign up enough participants to run a trip but unexpected cancellations drop the number of participants below the required minimum, we will run the trip at an additional charge of $300 per person. If additional participants join and the required number of participants is re-attained, the surcharge will be refunded.
MEANINGFUL TRIPS does not give any refunds for unused hotel rooms, meals, sightseeing trips or trek arrangements. Trip price is quoted as a package; credits are not given for services not used.
MEANINGFUL TRIPS strongly recommends the purchase of travel insurance. Comprehensive travel insurance combines trip cancellation and interruption coverage (for covered reasons only), baggage loss protection, and medical coverage along with additional emergency evacuation coverage. Should you have to cancel your trip because of illness, injury or death to you or an immediate family member, this insurance protects all your deposits and payments for both air and trip costs. Travel insurance companies we like include, but are not limited to, World Nomads, Allianz and Travel Guard. Links to insurance are found on the FAQ and Sign-Up pages on the website.
The airlines are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not on board their planes or conveyance. The passage contract in use by the airlines concerned, when issued, shall constitute the sole contract between the airlines and such purchasers of these tours and/or passenger. Such conveyance, etc. is subject to the laws of the countries involved. Airlines used vary in degree of safety and risk. MEANINGFUL TRIPS is not liable for incidents involving airline safety, cancellations, service, risk, delays, etc.; or incidents that result in injury, delay or death. Please read the conditions on the back of your airline tickets.
MEANINGFUL TRIPS, its partners and guides may take photographs and/or video of its trips and participants grant MEANINGFUL TRIPS permission to do so and for it to use same for promotional or commercial use without payment of any compensation to participant.
Passports and Visas
You must carry a valid passport and have obtained the appropriate visas. You must ensure that your passport is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas for your holiday. MEANNGFUL TRIPS cannot accept responsibility if you are refused entry into a country because you lack the correct visa documentation.
All participants must sign the below Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnification Agreement.
Name(s): ________________ Date: ____________
Trip: ________________ Trip Date: ________
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
- TRIP AND ASSOCIATED RISKS – I have chosen to participate in the above referenced trip which is organized by MEANINGFUL TRIPS. I understand that:
- The standard of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, medical facilities and other factors may not be of the standard that you are used to at home.
- During the Trip, I may be exposed to dangers and hazards, including equipment failures and negligence by others.
- As a consequence of these risks, I may be seriously hurt or disabled or may die from the resulting injuries, and that my property may also be damaged;
- Hospital facilities, qualified medical care, and emergency medical evacuation may be limited or unavailable during portions of the Trip and, where available, may be expensive; and
- MEANINGFUL TRIPS assumes no responsibility for providing medical care during the Trip, and I will have to pay for any medical care and/or evacuation that I incur. In consideration of the permission to participate in the Trip, I agree to the terms contained in this document.
- ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS – I hereby freely assume the above mentioned risks and any harm, injury or loss that may occur to me or my property as a result of my participation in the Trip-including any risks caused by the negligence of MEANINGFUL TRIPS , its employees and officers, its contractors, and other trip participants.. .
- WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY I hereby WAIVE AND RELEASE ALL LIABILITIES, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS against MEANINGFUL TRIPS , its employees, officers, directors, vendors and contractors (“Released Parties”), where such LIABILITIES, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS arise in any way from any injury, death, loss or harm (whether foreseen or unforeseen) that occur to me or to any other person or to any property during the Trip or are in any way related to the Trip. This release includes, but is not limited to, claims for the negligence of the Released Parties and claims for strict liability for abnormally dangerous activities. This release does not extend to claims for gross negligence, intentional or reckless misconduct, or any other liabilities that Washington law does not permit to be released by agreement. I also agree not to sue or make a claim against the Released Parties for death, injuries, loss, or harm that occur on the Trip. .
- INDEMNIFICATION HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFENSE I promise to INDEMNIFY, WARRANT, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND the Released Parties (defined in Section 3) against any and all LIABILITIES, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS that arise from my acts or my failure to act (including my own negligence) during or relating to the Trip. In accordance with this promise, I will riemburse the Released Parties for any damages, reasonable settlements and defense costs, including attorney’s fees, they incur because of any such claims made against them. I agree that in the event of my death or disability, the terms of this agreement, including the indemnification obligation in this Section, will be binding on my estate, and my personal representative, executor, administrator or guardian will be obligated to respect and enforce them. .
- OTHER FORMS & TERMS – I have carefully read MEANINGFUL TRIPS ‘ Reservation Information, Health Form, Activity Level and RISKS & HAZARDS,” and, if participating on a MEANINGFUL TRIPS Family Adventure, I have also carefully read the “About MEANINGFUL TRIPS Family ” document, and have familiarized myself with all of the information provided to me about the Trip and its rating. I agree to all of the conditions in the Reservation Information- including the sections about my responsibilities and about MEANINGFUL TRIPS ‘ legal limitations. I acknowledge that MEANINGFUL TRIPS has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the actions of any independent contractors providing any services for the Trip. .
- SEVERABILITY – I agree that the purpose of this agreement is that it shall be an enforceable release of liability and indemnity as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Washington law. I agree that if any portion or provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder will continue in full force and effect. I also agree that any invalid provision will be modified or partially enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law to carry out the purpose of the agreement.
- APPLICABLE LAW, FORUM & ATTORNEY’S FEES – This agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Washington, without any reference to its choice of law rules. I agree that any dispute arising from this Agreement or in any way associated with the Trip shall be brought in the Superior Court of King County, Washington, or in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, and I agree to the jurisdiction and venue of those courts for any such dispute. In any litigation in which the validity or enforceability of this agreement is contested, I agree that the prevailing party will pay all attorney’s fees and costs of the parties seeking to uphold the agreement.
(This final page must be signed and returned to Meaningful Trips)
NAME: _________________ TRIP ______ Trip Date ______
I have fully informed myself of the contents of the Meaningful Trips Terms and Conditions and this Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnification Agreement by reading it before signing it. No oral representations, statements, or other inducements to sign this release have been made apart from what is contained in this document.
If participant is a minor, signature of parent or guardian is also required: In consideration of my minor child’s being permitted to participate in the Trip, I accept and agree to the full contents of this agreement. I understand that I am responsible for and I accept the responsibility for the supervision throughout the duration of the Trip of any minor traveling in my care. I also agree to RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND the Released Parties (defined in Section 3) from all liabilities and claims that arise in any way from any injury, death, loss or harm that occurs to my minor child during the Trip or in any way related to the Trip. This includes any claim of the minor and any claim arising from the negligence of the Released Parties. I understand that nothing in this agreement is intended to release claims for gross negligence, intentional or reckless misconduct, or any other liabilities that Washington law does not permit to be excluded by agreement.
By clicking / marking “X” ‘I ACCEPT’, participant(s) give indication of assent.
(Complete name and checking the ‘I accept’ box needs to be done for each participant)
Name: _____________________ Date: ______ *  I Accept
Name: _____________________ Date: ______ *  I Accept
MINOR(s) ( < 18 years of Age)
Name: ______________________ Date: ______ *  I Accept
Name: ______________________ Date: ______ *  I Accept