As the impact of COVID-19 continues to be felt around the world, we hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and staying healthy. The health and safety of our travelers and staff is our top priority. All tours have been put on pause during this Coronavirus crisis. We are closely monitoring the situation with guidance from the CDC and the U.S. Department of State.
Dream Now. Travel Later.
Travel Safe in 2021 and Beyond
We hope to see you out there exploring again in 2021. Looking ahead, Meaningful Trips will be returning to delivering tours using a planned approach that adheres to US Government guidelines for US citizens traveling abroad; And, adheres to local government guidelines of the countries we visit. Below are your own Traveler Responsibilities and also what else Meaningful Trips is doing in regard to health and safety.
If You Are Sick, Do Not Travel
Consult a medical professional before any travel if you answer yes to any of these:
- Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 21 days: sore throat, cough, chills, body aches, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Have you or anyone in your household been tested for COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your household visited or received treatment in a hospital, nursing home, long-term care, or other health care facility in the past 30 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household cared for an individual who is in quarantine or is a presumptive positive or has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19?
- To the best of your knowledge have you been in close proximity to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19?
Our Safety and Peace-of-Mind Pledges
Your Safety is Our Number One Priority
At Meaningful Trips, safety of you, our staff, partners and guides is our top priority. If at any time it is determined unsafe to travel to a given region, we will cancel departures ahead of time.
Travel Made Easy
No Hassel Cancellation. Any deposits made in 2020 for tours in 2021 can be cancelled any time up until Dec 31, 2020 for any reason and given a full refund. After Jan 01, 2021, we will follow our regular Trip Cancellation Policy.
Support From Our Team
Our Meaningful Trips staff is here to provide advice and answer any questions you may have. We are in constant communication with our teams.
Face Masks and Sanitizer
We recommend that all guests bring their own face mask and hand sanitizer.
Small Groups always.
Our Group Size is typically 4 – 12. Any our travel is typically off-the-beaten-path.
Enhanced Protocols on Health, Safety and Social Distancing.
Action Steps to Take
Action steps to take should a traveler show symptoms of COVID or other communicable illnesses, are communicated with our tour partners and guides.
Tours will adhere to the most current, in-country, safety guidelines.
We are encouraging our international partners to review and enhance physical distancing and cleaning protocols with guides, transportation providers and accommodation providers on a regular basis to ensure they comply with the most current safety guidelines.
OUR MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION:
Is COVID-19 covered by travel insurance for US residents?
Travel Insurance has always been highly recommended. Heading into 2021, some trips/destinations will even require it. Always, always check with your chosen travel insurance company about your specific policy. We like World Nomads Travel Insurance. Here is what they say:
Just like any other sickness, COVID-19 can be covered under plan benefits. These benefits include emergency medical and trip interruption coverage for you personally or a travel companion who contracts COVID-19 or goes under quarantine when traveling. For more information, see: